0
English: Chester ( England ). Roman soldier wi...
Armour of God (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
"The Christian life is not a playground, it’s a battle ground. So today I will give no place to fear or failure. I will not accept a trace of apathy in my attitude in my actions. I will reject complacency and embrace the greatness that God has planted inside of me. I will waste no opportunity to glorify God and maximize everything he has entrusted to me."
.
TWO SPIRITUAL KINGDOMS

There is a great war being waged in the world today. It is not a conflict between nations, tribes, or government leaders. It is not a rebellion or coup. It is an important invisible battle taking place in the spirit world.

In addition to the natural kingdoms of this world there are two spiritual kingdoms.

The Kingdom of Satan and the Kingdom of GOD. Every person alive is a resident of one of these two kingdoms.


  • The Kingdom of Satan consists of Satan, spiritual beings called demons, and all men who live in sin and rebellion to GOD’s Word. These, plus the world and the flesh, are the spiritual forces of evil at work in the world today. 

The Kingdom of GOD consists of GOD the Father, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, spiritual beings called angels, and all men who live in righteous obedience to GOD’s Word. These are the spiritual forces of good.

The Kingdom of GOD is not a denominational church. Denominations are man-made organizations of groups of churches. Denominations are major church organizations like Baptist, Assembly of God, Methodist, Lutheran, etc. The Bible speaks of the true Church which is not a denomination or religious organization. The true Church is composed of all those who have become residents of the Kingdom of GOD.

At the present time in the natural world, the Kingdom of GOD exists individually within every man, woman, boy or girl who has made Jesus King of their lives. It exists communally in the true church and wherever people make this world the kind of world GOD wants it to be. In the future, there will be an actual visible manifestation of GOD’s Kingdom.

SPIRITUAL BATTLE

Military terminology is used throughout the New Testament. The early Church knew they were engaged in an intense spiritual struggle. Protection was seen in the armor of God. The Word of God was compared to a sword. Satan’s attacks were called fiery darts. Faith was the “good fight” and believers were told to “war a good warfare”.

The same spiritual battle continues even today, but instead of fighting the enemy the present day believers are often building great church buildings, producing musical dramas, holding fellowship meetings, and fighting one another while this great spiritual battle wages around them. Satan has even intensified his attacks against a church that has withdrawn from the front lines of battle. The Bible states that God’s people are destroyed because of lack of knowledge (Hosea 4:6). One of the main areas in which believers are being defeated is due to lack of knowledge about the spiritual battle and in spiritual warfare.

As the end of time approaches it is even more important for believers to understand spiritual warfare than in the early days of church history. The Apostle Paul warned, …this know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come (II Tim 3:1). In order to be properly prepared for these perilous times, renewed emphasis must be placed on the strategies of spiritual warfare. The Christian life is war. The sooner we recognize and prepare for it, the sooner we will experience victory.

When a nation declares war, they often issue Articles of War. This document explains why they are at war, identifies the enemy, and declares the objectives of the war. The Bible is the written Word of the one true God, the Commander of our spiritual army. The exposing of the enemy and his strategies is one of the greatest revelations of God’s Word. Even greater is the revelation that as believers we have power over all the powers of the enemy. As in natural warfare, skill in spiritual warfare is progressive as we enter the combat zone and begin to fight.

THE INVISIBLE WAR
The invisible spiritual war is a battle which involves all men and women. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places (Eph 6:12). It is not a visible war is because spirits are involved and we learn in Luke 24:39, that spirit does not have flesh and bones.

Every person alive is engaged in this battle, whether he realizes it or not. There is no neutral ground. Unbelievers are in bondage to evil and have been taken captive by enemy forces. Though believers have been freed from the enemy through Jesus Christ, they are still engaged in the war for two reasons. All believers wrestle against evil spiritual forces because of his relentless counterattacks as well as to free others from the bondage. “Wrestling” involves close personal contact. No one is exempt from this battle. No one can view it from a distance. The Christian warfare never ceases.

Spiritual warfare is “multidimensional,” which means it is fought in different dimensions. It is a social battle between the believer and the world (John 15:18-27). A personal battle between the flesh and the spirit (Gal 5:16-26). A supernatural battle between believers and evil spiritual powers (Eph 6:10-27). This invisible war is being waged on earth. Satan fights to maintain control of the kingdoms of the world. He does not want them to come under God’s authority. Satan blinds the spiritual eyes of the unbelievers and attacks believers in the areas of worship, the Word, their daily walk, and their work for God.

THE NATURAL AND SPIRITUAL REALMS
To understand this invisible war, we must first understand the natural and spiritual worlds. Man exists in two worlds, the natural world and the spiritual world. The natural world is that which can be seen, felt, touched, heard or tasted. It is tangible and visible. The country, nation, city, or village in which we live is part of the natural world. We are a resident in a natural kingdom located on one of the visible continents of the world. We can see the people who are part of our environment. We can communicate with them. We can experience the sights, sounds, and smells around us. But there is another world in which we live. That world is a spiritual world. We cannot see it with our physical eyes, but it is just as real as the natural world in which we live.

Paul speaks of this division of natural and spiritual world. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body (I Cor 15:40). All men have a natural body which lives in the natural world, but man is also a spiritual being with an eternal soul and spirit. Man is body, soul, and spirit. Our spiritual being (soul and spirit) is part of a spiritual world just as our natural body is part of the natural world.The thief (Satan) cometh not but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy (this spiritual body); I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly (John 10:10), both in this world as well as in Heaven.


I will fight.By Pastor Steven Furtick,Elevation Church

My battle is not against flesh and blood, but against a spiritual enemy who opposes me. So I will draw the battle lines and face my enemy with a bold determination. I will dismantle every argument and pretension that he presents which contradicts what God has spoken. My enemy fights against me because he fears me. And every time he reminds me of my past, I will remind him of his future. Every time I resist him he must flee and every time I speak the truth, every stronghold must surrender.
I will fight.
I will make no excuses, but through every obstacle I will find a way. I will not procrastinate my progress. I will not defer my destiny. I will not waiver when I'm weak. I will not cower when my circumstances take a turn for the worse. Because greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.
I will fight.
I will pursue, overtake and recover everything that the enemy has come to kill, steal and destroy in my life. And even if I lose the battle, I will win the war. Because I am more than a conqueror through him who loves me. I am raised to life with Jesus Christ and I reign with Him because I look to Him for strength. I will reject the lies that echo in my mind telling me that I don't have what it takes that I cannot survive this trial; that my best is behind me or that humiliation awaits me. The devil is a liar. And my God always causes me to triumph through Jesus Christ my Lord.
I will fight.
I'm unashamed to represent a kingdom that is unshakeable. No one will be able to stand against God's plan for me all the days of my life. With my God I will advance against every troop. With His help I will scale every wall. Though my enemies surround me, my God surrounds my enemies. Though they may come at me one way, they will flee seven ways because no weapon formed against me will prosper and every evil thing that rises against me I will condemn,
I will fight.
I have determined to build my life on the solid foundation of God's perfect word. By faith I will activate every promise He has made, and I will aim these promises as weapons of mass destruction obliterating every opponent. The weapons God has given me have divine power. I defy and defeat sin because of the finished work of Christ my saviour. I am whole heartedly devoted to the cause God made me for and I have no intention of letting the world define me because I know who I am. A humble warrior, a good soldier, a strong and mighty servant of the living God. In Christ I am courageous. In Christ I am confident. My heart is steadfast. My purpose in immovable. I am always abounding in the work of the Lord and my potential is unlimited because the limitless God lives within me.
I will fight.
The cross is before me. The world is behind me. I'll never turn back. I'll never give up. I'll never settle. I'll never stop short. I will press toward the mark for the prize that is already mine. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nether height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation shall be able to separate me from my God. And if my God is for me, who can be against me.

Post a Comment

 
Top